Data Science is a transversal science that has an impact on everyone’s life. Any given event or electronic device is capable of generating data, which is multiplied by the minute. There has been a dramatic increase over recent years in the development of technology capable of capturing this data, such as sensors, computers, and the Internet, as well as multidisciplinary tools capable of retrieving it, processing it, and converting it into a strategic asset.
We at the Complex Systems Engineering Institute generate analysis and acquire new knowledge from this data, integrating the methodologies of this science as tools in other lines of the Institute’s research to support decision making within organizations and leaving a footprint in a wide range of critical areas in society.
Research line members
- Franco Basso, Universidad Diego Portales
- Ángel Jiménez, Universidad de Chile
- Sebastián Maldonado, Universidad de Chile
- Víctor Parada, Universidad de Santiago de Chile
- Andrea Rodríguez, Universidad de Concepción
- Carla Vairetti, Universidad de los Andes
- Juan Velásquez, Universidad de Chile
- Richard Weber, Universidad de Chile (Leader)